YWCA Carlisle’s mission of eliminating racism and empowering women has never been so important. The needs of our community continue to evolve and grow, and we continue to ask “how can we help?” Because staying in-tune with our neighbors’ and communities’ needs is what matters most.
2022 at a glance:
- 9,355 Individuals served in our community
- 614 sexual violence survivors served through crisis services and counseling
- 4,204 community members served through prevention education
- 4,446 served through educational programming like Amplify (mental health), Empower & Equip (empowerment and leadership), and STEAM Queens (STEM career explorations)
- 91 preschool families served
- 387 medical accompaniments at emergency departments and doctor’s offices to support survivors of sexual violence
- 1,958 hours of empowerment counseling provided
- Expansion of Pad Pantry to support local schools, community organizations, and established an on-site location for free menstrual products for women and teens – no questions asked.
YWCA CCC is the sole provider of crisis intervention and advocacy services to survivors of sexual assault/rape for all of Cumberland County. All of our crisis services are free to survivors and their non-offending family members. Beginning in 2021, we also took on the task of handling crisis services for survivors of human trafficking in Cumberland County in partnership with YWCA Harrisburg, law enforcement, district attorney’s office, and Child Advocacy Centers. We also provide a 24-hour hotline, school and community-based prevention and awareness programs, counseling, Sexual Violence Protection Orders petitions, and run support groups for survivors. We support survivors at hospitals and emergency rooms, at court, at the DA’s office, at police investigations, at the Child Advocacy Center, and anywhere they need us. YWCA CCC uses an empowerment model to assist victims in the process of recovery from the trauma of sexual assault, utilizing trauma-informed, culturally sensitive methods of care of counseling.
Your donation changes lives.
For more than 100 years, YWCA Carlisle & Cumberland County has helped thousands of women, girls, men, and families create a better future through programs and services that foster personal empowerment and community enrichment. Your generosity provides residents throughout Cumberland County with access to the support, tools, and opportunities needed to transform their lives and ensure that they achieve their full potential in a world without violence, racism and discrimination.
We know that every dollar counts, and hope that you will support our critical work today by making a tax-deductible gift today.
Or, send a check made out to YWCA Carlisle to:
YWCA Carlisle & Cumberland County
301 G Street
Carlisle, PA 17013