YWCA Carlisle & Cumberland County serves everyone living in Cumberland County. Many of our programs focus on empowering women and girls, but we support all members of the community in need, regardless of gender or gender identity.
Our programs include
- Preschool for children aged 2½-5 years of age. Scholarships are available.
- Sexual Assault Rape Crisis Services, including a 24-hour hotline for survivors who are in crisis – 1-888-727-2877
- Racial Justice Programming
- 21-Day Racial Equity Challenge: 21-days to form new habits, a gathering of adults working towards racial equity.
- Martin’s Mission: free celebration for kids in kindergarten – 5th grades on Martin Luther King, Jr. holiday.
- Moving Circles: creating caring and learning through conversation. Monthly meetings.
- Rise Book Club: gathering women who want to learn to be agents of change through monthly book club.
- Youth Leadership Conference: annual conference empowering Central PA’s High School students through conversations about racial equity.
Community Impact Programming
- Empower & Equip: Award-winning empowerment program for middle and high-school students.
- Empower & Equip LEADS: for teens – Lead, Empower, Advocate, Develop, Serve. Empowering the Leaders of tomorrow.
- The Chronicles of Girlhood: Connecting middle and high-school girls to BIPOC authors and each other.
- Empower & Equip Leads the Future: helping middle school students see their potential as leaders of the future.
- After the Bell at Grandview Court and Hope Station: student opportunities and resources for kids in kindergarten – 5th Mentorship, tutoring and learning support. Digital Literacy for adults, children and families
- Growing Opportunities at Grandview Court: gardening program for residents of Grandview Court who want to learn about agriculture, food production, gardening, healthy eating, active meditation and the environment.
- Storytellers: Literacy and reading support for elementary aged students.