For girls in 3rd-5th grades. See how learning about Science, Technology, Engineering and Math is out of this world!
Club Cosmic is virtual for Spring 2021, with experiments being conducted on Facebook Live! Club Cosmic is a FREE after school program for elementary-aged girls in 3rd – 5th grades designed to create opportunities and interest in STEM (Science, Technology, Engineering, and Mathematics). Girls will participate in fun, interactive activities relating to STEM subjects. Through STEM programming, Club Cosmic will build resiliency, foster creativity, develop problem-solving skills, and encourage experimentation to promote personal and academic success. All materials will be delivered to participating families at the beginning of the program, and the guidance on the experiment will be hosted once a week over Facebook Live. We invite the whole family to join in! All activities will be safe for children to complete by themselves. Videos will remain accessible for viewing at your family’s convenience through Facebook (follow YWCA Carlisle & Cumberland County). If you are a returning participant, please note that on your registration!
- For 2021 – Girls in 3rd-5th grade anywhere in Central PA.
- For 2021-22 School Year, girls in 3rd, 4th and 5th grades at LeTort, Hamilton & Bellaire Elementary Schools in the Carlisle School District.
Where & When?
- September through May, following the Carlisle Area School District Calendar
- For Spring 2021 – Club Cosmic is presented on Facebook Live, Thursdays, March 11-May 13, 2021 at 6:30pm
- For 2021-22 School Year, Club Cosmic is held at Bellaire, Hamilton and LeTort Elementary Schools from 3:30 to 5:00 p.m. The program day depends on the location and the grade level. Scheduling information is obtained by contacting the school offices or YWCCC directly.